SMK has decided to definitively replace the Milieukeur quality mark for plant-based products with the new ‘On the way to PlanetProof’ label. The new name was introduced earlier this year and has received a great deal of positive reactions. The new name can already be used instead of Milieukeur.
The decision to change the name has the following implications:
- The name Milieukeur can be used up until 31 December 2018.
- New certificate holders can immediately apply for the On the way to PlanetProof certification.
- As of 1 January 2019 only the On the way to PlanetProof label will be applicable to plant-based products.
- To make the transition as simple as possible, the fees for PlanetProof and Milieukeur have been equalised as per 1 October 2017 to the lower fees set for Milieukeur. In 2018, these fees will also remain the same.
- Existing certificate holders who have already been awarded the PlanetProof certificate will not have to pay higher additional fees.
- Existing Milieukeur certificate holders who would like to make the change to the PlanetProof label this year, simply need to have an administrative inspection by their certification body. More information at: Certificate holders Milieukeur > in 4 Steps to PlanetProof
SMK assumes that this creates sufficient clarity and that any confusion about the existence of the two names has been resolved. We trust that the transition from Milieukeur for plant-based products to On the Way to PlanetProof will happen quickly and that certificate holders will be enthusiastic about the implementation of the new quality mark.