SMK publishes a new version of PlanetProof Plant Products Southern Europe (new name for Milieukeur Plant products)*. This certification scheme is valid from 1-9-2018 until 1-7-2019 and can be downloaded from the website On the way to PlanetProof.
Due to the limited number of revision points, there has been no review process for Southern-Europe last year. A number of changes have been published as an additional decree to solve acute problems and improve the similarity with the Dutch certification scheme. These changes are incorporated into new certification scheme (version PP.18).
CHANGES IN VERSION pp.18 INCLUDE:
- Use of the new name ‘On the way to PlanetProof’
- Removal of requirements regarding working conditions and food safety
- Reduction of the residue analysis frequency: rewarding good behaviour
- Removal of banned substances in list of approved pesticides
- Update of list of approved pesticides with requests from companies
- Addition of three new crops: carrot, leek and potato
A full description of the changes is presented in the document “Changes PlanetProof SE version PP.18”.
Stefanie de Kool – project manager agro/food
Phone: +31 70 358 63 00
- 'On the way to PlanetProof' is the new name for Milieukeur Plant products. As of 1-1-2019, Milieukeur for Plant products will be replaced by On the way to PlanetProof.
- Southern Europe is equal to ‘zone South’ of the EU geographical zones for authorisation of pesticides (France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Cyprus, Malta, Croatia, Bulgaria and Greece).