On 1 July 2019 SMK publishes the revised certification scheme On the way to PlanetProof for Plant Products in Southern Europe. The Spanish translation will be published next week. This year, the revision for the Southern Europe scheme has been extensive, following the extensive revision in 2017/2018 for the Central Europa scheme.
On the webpage On the way to PlanetProof Plant Products Southern Europe the following documents are published:
- General Certification Conditions SMK
- Certification scheme On the way to PlanetProof for Plant products in Southern Europe
- Summary changes revision 2019
- Results Public Hearing: questions and answers
The digital checklist will be published within a few weeks.
The new certification scheme has been harmonized as much as possible with the certification scheme for Central Europe. This has resulted in a.o. the following changes:
- The structure of the certification scheme has been changed towards nine thematical chapters and one chapter with general requirements;
- The certification scheme is now applicable for all crop production systems: open or greenhouse cultivation, in soil or on substrate.
- There is a new approach towards the use of plant protection products:
- The lists of allowed plant protection products per crop are replaced by a system in which all active substances with legal authorization are allowed, except for the high risk active substances that are presented on list I (Annex 2c).
- Additionally, there are high risk active substances presented on list II (Annex 2c), that may be used under additional conditions;
- The active substance limits (Annex 1) have been changed for some crops and many crops have been added.
- Besides the Nitrogen application limits, also application limits for Phosphorus have been included in the scheme.
For questions you can contact the SMK Team Plant agri chains, email@example.com or +31 (0)70 358 63 00.